Got back from our almost 2 week Rome vacation last night. Had an excellent time while we were there. Just a few highlights of the trip while I'm thinking about them.
- My first trans-Atlantic flight
- Hotel La Scaletta - great place to stay at the beach. Easy trip in to Rome on the Roma-Lido metro line.
- Seeing St. Peter's Square/Oval and the four Papal basilicas (St Paul Outside the Walls, St Mary Major, St John Lateran, St Peter)
- Sunday Angelus where the Pope wishes you a good lunch at the end
- The usual touristy sites
- The Pantheon
- Roman Coliseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Trevi Fountain
- Campo de' Fiori
- Piazza del Popolo
- Scavi tour and climbing the dome at St Peter's Basilica
- Walking through Villa Borghese
More posts and photos to follow.